Wrongful Death Actions

If you’re going to bring a wrongful death action in AL, you must be the executor or administrator of the deceased’s estate. Recent AL Supreme Ct. cases make it clear that not even a spouse or child of the deceased can bring the suit otherwise. Even a lapse of time between being appointed and the two year statute of limitations will bar the suit. See Northstar Anesthesia v. Noble, 1141158, and Providence Hospital v. Howard, 1150363, both issued 07/15/2016.